Careers in Marketing & Digital
The Marketing, Merchandising and Digital teams globally work to grow brand awareness and equity through the delivery of a consumer-centric premium brand strategy, marketing plans designed to drive footfall to and conversion within retail environments and effective product portfolio and stock management. The aim: to provide business customers and consumers with genuine value, clear points of differentiation and profitable, sustainable business growth – helping Molton Brown to stand apart from and above its competitors.
To deliver on this, the department's remit encompasses overall brand strategy; market and consumer research; product marketing; stock forecasting and allocation; product performance analysis; 2D design; copywriting; visual merchandising; PR and publicity; promotions; events; partnership activity; customer relationship management; email and direct marketing; search and other digital marketing; and e-commerce.
Junior Visual Merchandising Manager, London
Job: Junior Visual Merchandising Manager, London
Purpose of the Job
Support the Visual Merchandising Manager with the development and implementation of a compelling, consistent, global brand presentation strategy across all retail channels, owned and partners, in order to attract and inspire consumers to buy and to achieve our brand equity and commercial goals.
Minimum of three years’ experience within a brand-driven luxury retailer (experience of beauty, cosmetics, fragrance and lifestyle sectors would be advantageous). Experience of working in a retail environment in a Visual Merchandising role.
Experience of working on Adobe Creative Suite.
1. NPD - Support the VM Manager to Develop visual merchandising strategies to support the launch of new ranges and products, drive profitable growth of core categories and address underperforming categories. This will involve working closely with marketing colleagues, the retail teams, property and training to ensure effective communication and implementation of the agreed tactics.
2. Campaigns - Support the VM Manager to, create and deliver effective VM tools (VM Guides, props, graphics) to support the global marketing campaign calendar including the provision of monthly VM guidelines to enable stores, concessions and wholesale partners to successfully implement marketing campaigns.
3. International - Support the VM Manager working with the International Teams to adapt VM tools (VM Guides, props, graphics) to cater for the consumer needs and habits of consumers in USA, EMEA, Japan, Australia and Asia-pacific.
4. Core Categories - Reflect category learnings, optimise the customer experience and space efficiency and re-evaluate and improve visual merchandising practices on an ongoing basis to ensure innovation, ongoing customer interest and increased store profitability.
Continuously review effectiveness of visual merchandising practices on an on-going basis to ensure innovation, consumer interest and increased store profitability. Improve ROI and marketing effectiveness.
5. Budget - Support the VM Manager in managing the Global VM budget.
6. Develop store team skills - Work alongside the retail sales department and training department to educate the various channels and regions in visual merchandising best practice and develop effective compliance procedures. Monitor and report on compliance levels to ensure effective and consistent execution of VM best practice and an ongoing improvement in VM standards. Develop a VM tool kit for stand-alone stores to educate and empower them to make decisions and changes in a confident way to drive commercial success.
7. Store Visits - Use time working in the field to improve communication between head office and field-based staff and collect customer intelligence and store feedback on major initiatives and launches.
Support the opening / refurbishment of retail environments, to ensure the in-store experience drives profitable sales and customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Skills and Knowledge
1. Passionate about product, brand and retail. A good understanding of current VM trends and methods
2. Experience of creating VM tools (VM Guides, props, graphics) from inception to production
3. Global outlook, understanding of regional and cultural retail differences and environments
4. Highly organised, motivated and determined individual with a high level of initiative and a clear focus on providing solutions and delivering results
5. Demonstrate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite – In-Design, Photoshop and Illustrator
6. Possess a high level of commercial awareness with the ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced environment
7. A keen eye for detail and a proactive ‘can do’ attitude.