Careers in Marketing
The Marketing and Merchandising teams globally work to grow brand awareness and equity through the delivery of a consumer-centric premium brand strategy, marketing plans designed to drive footfall to and conversion within retail environments and effective product portfolio and stock management. The aim: to provide business customers and consumers with genuine value, clear points of differentiation and profitable, sustainable business growth – helping Molton Brown to stand apart from and above its competitors.
To deliver on this, the department's remit encompasses overall brand strategy; market and consumer research; product marketing; stock forecasting and allocation; product performance analysis; 2D design; copywriting; visual merchandising; PR and publicity; promotions; events; partnership activity; customer relationship management; email and direct marketing; search and other digital marketing; and e-commerce.
Packaging Designer, Creative Services, London
Job: Packaging Designer, Creative Services, London
Job Summary :
Lead all elements of packaging design for the brand, from conception and structural design to artwork delivery, creating packaging solutions that are in line with our luxury brand positioning and inspire consumers to purchase and enhance perceptions of innovation and prestige.
Manage the artworker to successfully answer packaging briefs generated within the stage and gate process that are in line with brand strategy and commercial targets.
Drive the development and maintenance of the brand across all packaging, ensuring effective positioning of key brand equities to elevate the brand and establish a Molton Brown style which is recognised and ownable.
Act as guardian of the brand, by ensuring all elements of brand equity are used in a manner that is appropriate, consistent and always in line with the
aspirations as outlined in the brand and design
Collaborate and liaise with the New Product Development, Project Management and Technical Packaging teams to establish, understand and answer creative requirements from the business.
Drive the packaging team to deliver excellent quality design work, on time and on budget to ensure the success of Molton Brown’s business growth across multi-channels, globally.
1) The creation of aspirational packaging solutions for Molton Brown products which are:
a) in line with and elevate the brand positioning
b) complete in their consideration of structural as well as surface graphics
c) answer and often deliver beyond the expectation of the brief
d) inspire consumer purchase.
2) Manage the artwork resource to ensure that:
a) work is scheduled according to project timelines
b) projects are delivered on brand and on time
c) artwork is accurate and delivered according to requirements.
3) Manage, develop and coach the artworker to deliver excellent results and ensure a motivated and valued team. Set SMART objectives and clear KPI’s for all activities, drive individual performance, creative excellence and processes which create an environment of fast paced, exciting, creativity within which people are effective and efficient.
4) Liaise with Visual Merchandising and the Store Design teams to ensure packaging solutions are practical and can be implemented efficiently and successfully.
5) Act as brand guardian and manage the use of the Molton Brown name, logo, marks, visual identity and key equities across packaging design.
6) Work with the Technical Packaging team, printers and suppliers to ensure that creative solutions are realised to their full potential, demonstrating meticulous attention to detail and the ability to drive production to ensure that the final product is delivered to the highest standards in line with our luxury positioning. This includes on-press approval and the review of samples and artwork.
7) Work as part of the product development team to realise business requirements for packaging development and realisation. Participate in regular product development meetings to ensure all parties are informed of project progress and work as part of the team to drive development forward.
8) Brief and manage the photography of products, ensuring that they answer the needs of all teams, in particular, New Product Development and Ecommerce.
9) Drive the implementation of new ways of working within the team, following processes established by the Senior Manager, Creative Services.
Experience of briefing and working with product photographers.