Careers in Marketing
The Marketing and Merchandising teams globally work to grow brand awareness and equity through the delivery of a consumer-centric premium brand strategy, marketing plans designed to drive footfall to and conversion within retail environments and effective product portfolio and stock management. The aim: to provide business customers and consumers with genuine value, clear points of differentiation and profitable, sustainable business growth – helping Molton Brown to stand apart from and above its competitors.
To deliver on this, the department's remit encompasses overall brand strategy; market and consumer research; product marketing; stock forecasting and allocation; product performance analysis; 2D design; copywriting; visual merchandising; PR and publicity; promotions; events; partnership activity; customer relationship management; email and direct marketing; search and other digital marketing; and e-commerce.
Digital Web Designer, Creative Services, London
Job: Digital Web Designer, Creative Services, London
Digital Web Designer, Creative Services, Molton Brown
Lead all Digital Design elements of the Molton Brown brand globally including, Web design, page management, Display Advertising & Email Design to create customer focused creative content for Molton Brown’s global digital platforms.
Answer digital elements of the creative briefs generated within the Kaihatsu process that are in line with brand strategy and commercial targets, and enhance user experience.
Drive the development of the Corporate Identity, Brand Visual Identity and Tone of Voice work across all digital design areas, ensuring effective positioning of key brand equities to elevate the brand and become a recognisable Molton Brown style which is ownable and inspires consumers to buy.
Act as guardian of the brand, by ensuring all elements of brand equity are used in a manner that is appropriate, consistent and always in line with the aspirations as outlined in the brand and design strategies.
Deliver excellent quality design work, on time and on budget to ensure the success of Molton Brown’s business growth across multi-channels, globally.
Essential Job responsibilities
• Working closely with the Senior Designer, Creative Services and the Ecommerce team, create a design strategy and build a Molton Brown design style that will work across all digital touch points, modernise the brand and enhance consumer enhance user experience and perceptions of innovation, relevance and prestige in line with brand strategy.
o Website Design: Creating and building pixel perfect and engaging assets for the Molton Brown global E-Commerce platforms (including updating homepages, category landing pages and editorial pages on a weekly basis as well as contributing to full website builds to include page layouts, coding and testing in multiple environments).
o Display Advertising & Email Design: Produce HTML email creatives which interpret the look and feel of the company brand guidelines and satisfies commercial objectives. Using creative and coding to allow segmentation of messages. Develop trigger emails that form the basis of the CRM programme. Produce a suite of banners per campaign/offer to be used across various digital channels
• Be accountable for the web design development – through to sign-off – implementation of Molton Brown’s visual identity, corporate identity and IP as required by each market and channel.
• Liaise with Global brand management and Ecommerce to ensure creative directions are coherent, and can be implemented efficiently and successfully eensuring that site design enhances customer usability and improves commercial performance.
• Act as brand guardian and manage the use of the Molton Brown name, logo, marks, visual identity and key equities in all digital.
• Be accountable for constant measurement of digital design effectiveness across all touch points adapting and improving to grow engagement, click through and conversion.
• Regularly monitor competitor activity from a design and functionality perspective, and report new developments or innovations back into the team.
• Drive the implementation of new ways of working with Ecommerce and CRM following processes established by the Senior Manager, Creative Services.
• Monitor workload, in conjunction with and following timelines established by Senior Designer, Creative Services and Ecommerce to ensure all work is delivered on time, within budget and to the expected high standard.
• Keep abreast of new web technologies and advances in E-Commerce web design (e.g. Ajax, HMTL5, video) and identify opportunities to apply these wherever possible.
Related Business / Technical knowledge, skills
Education and Experience