Careers in New Product Development
The New Product Development team encompasses graphics, packaging, store design and accessories, while at the same time playing a key role in guiding the evolution of the brand. This team is responsible for New Product Development but also works closely with Marketing to ensure clear and effective communications.
The Group Creative Director describes his mission as "to understand and interpret customer needs in order to translate them into a distinctive vision for Molton Brown that resonates on both a national and global level. This is achieved by balancing emotional and practical requirements through design excellence but has to go beyond purely stylistic considerations to evolve a culture that can be shared by employees and public alike. The combination of innovation and integrity is key to defining the identity of Molton Brown for the future."
Packaging Designer - Creative Services
Job: Packaging Designer - Creative Services
Packaging Designer, Creative Services
Reports To: Senior Manager, Creative Services
Job Summary :
consumers and enhance perceptions of innovation and prestige.
artworker to successfully answer briefs generated within the stage and gate process that are in line with brand strategy and commercial targets.
Drive the development of thes all , ensuring effective positioning of key brand equities to elevate the brand and establish a Molton Brown style which is recognised and ownable.
Act as guardian of the brand, by ensuring all elements of brand equity are used in a manner that is appropriate, consistent and always in line with the
aspirations as outlined in the brand and design
Collaborate and liaise with the New Product Development to establish understand and answer creative requirements from the business.
Drive the team to deliver excellent quality design work, on time and on budget to ensure the success of Molton Brown’s business growth across multi-channels, globally.
d) consumer .
2) Manage the artwork resource to ensure that:
a) work is scheduled according to project timelines
b) projects are delivered on brand and on time
c) artwork is accurate and delivered according to requirements.
3) Manage, develop and coach the artworker to deliver excellent results and ensure a motivated and valued team. Set SMART objectives and clear KPI’s for
all activities, drive individual performance, creative excellence and processes which create an environment of fast paced, exciting, creativity within
which people are effective and efficient.
4) Liaise with Visual Merchandising and the Store Design teams to ensure packaging solutions are practical and can be implemented efficiently and
5) Act as brand guardian and manage the use of the Molton Brown name, logo, marks, visual identity and key equities across packaging design.
6) Work with the Technical Packaging team, printers and suppliers to ensure that creative solutions are realised to their full potential, demonstrating
meticulous attention to detail and the ability to drive production to ensure that the final product is delivered to the highest standards in line with our
luxury positioning. This includes on-press approval and the review of samples and artwork.
7) Work as part of the product development team to realise business requirements for packaging development and realisation. Participate in regular product
development meetings to ensure all parties are informed of project progress and work as part of the team to drive development forward.
8) Brief and manage the photography of products, ensuring that they answer the needs of all teams, in particular, New Product Development and Ecommerce.
9) Drive the implementation of new ways of working within the team, following processes established by the Senior Manager, Creative Services.
Key Internal Contacts
Purchasing and Sourcing
Planning and Project Management
Senior team – Global Brand Management and Merchandising
Sales teams: Retail and Hotel
Suppliers and manufacturers
Experience of briefing and working with product photographers.